WineTalent is working with our client Michael David Winery on a Brand Manager position at the winery’s headquarters in Lodi, California
About the Company: Michael David Winery is owned and managed by Michael and David Phillips, 5th generation grape growers in Lodi. Now the 6th generation of the Phillips family is joining the team too. The company is dedicated to sustainable farming practices. The winery team balances the farming, science and intuition that makes great wine. The marketing team is a creative and inventive group that strives to tell a great story while having some fun along the way.
About the Position: We are seeking an outgoing, creative, and strategic Brand Manager to join the dynamic marketing team at Michael David Winery. This role leads the analysis, development, and execution of marketing plans and strategy for a diverse and unique collection of wine brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and execution of brand planning and strategy across all areas of brand management.
- Ensures brand identity and company values are represented across all messaging and collateral.
- Management of brand profitability
- Build brand equity through the design and execution of creative consumer and trade strategies including packaging, innovation, promotion, public relations, and advertising/digital marketing.
- Maintain and update existing sales and marketing collateral (product shots, sell sheets, shelf talkers, tasting notes etc.).
- Create and develop new sales and marketing materials in conjunction with internal team while coordinating and supervising external design, digital and print vendors as required.
- Perform on-going business and competitive brand analyses providing findings and recommendations for corrective action or opportunity.
- Assists with winery social media creative writing, editing content, selecting, and editing images.
- Support development and implementation of the annual brand strategy and marketing plan creating consumer demand based on business analytics.
- Assists in development and implementation of short and long-term marketing strategies. Participates in the development and leads the execution of brand plans and tactics to deliver against winery goals.
- Assists in the creative development process and execution of all winery programming and campaigns.
- Collaborates closely with creative agencies, public relations, and other outside strategic partners to bring brand awareness and communication to life.
- Partner with Regional Sales and National Chain teams to develop national and local programming in both on and off premise channels.
- Assists in managing outside vendors and implementation of new services as needed.
- Responsible for monthly web audit and updates.
- A strong interest in wine with a basic knowledge of wine production.
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing and/or Business preferred). Work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- 3+ years marketing experience in consumer or luxury goods required; beverage alcohol experience and knowledge of three-tier system highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute marketing strategies and plans. Must have experience developing and managing sales materials, websites, digital strategy, and PR.
- Knowledge of P&L Statements.
- Proven ability to support and collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop/provide information, materials, and programs.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on writing and editing.
- Ability to understand consumer insights (IRI, internal sales, demographics, consumer attitudes, usage).
- General knowledge of legal restrictions of alcohol promotion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency within Adobe Creative suite.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage and a flexible spending plan. Additional benefits include paid time off, holiday pay and 401(k).
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job