WineTalent is working with our confidential client on a Controller search.
About the Company: Our client is a luxury winery located in the heart of the Napa Valley. With a loyal consumer base and access to premium Napa Valley vineyards, the winery is highly successful and looking for someone to manage the accounting and finances.
About the Position: The Controller will be responsible for oversight of the accounting function of the company while also maintaining the financial integrity of the business. This role will manage the workflow of the accounting department and ensure timely completion of tasks and reporting. Utilizing Oracle NetSuite, InnoVint, Commerce7, ShipCompliant, and Salesforce software systems, the Controller will implement the efficient use of the system for accounting, inventory, POS and costing.
Reporting Structure: The Controller reports to the General Manager.
• Manage and perform the accounting and financial functions of the business, conduct the monthly close process, prepare, analyze and communicate timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements consistent with both internal reporting formats and GAAP.
• Manage the bookkeeping function, which provides basic accounting (AP, AR, invoice entry and creation, payroll, sales reporting, etc).
• Understand and support the financial budget model in order to produce regular forecast updates for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, including cash flow forecasting and department level budgeting.
• Support communications with and provide materials for interactions with Company’s lender(s). Manage and perform necessary activities for monthly and annual bank covenant compliance.
• Maintain accurate and timely files for all contracts, insurance and corporate records. Oversee and manage insurance programs and policies, and provide assistance with contract review and administrative oversight.
• Manages all aspects of cash and credit card sales out of Napa Valley tasting room; includes analysis of all sales and reporting.
• Personnel management of accounting assistant and potential future staff recruiting, hiring and mentoring as needed.
• Manage and maintain necessary business licenses and permits for business
• Manage and oversee certain basic Human Resources items tied to payroll and employee files.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• At least 5 years of experience in business accounting.
• CPA highly desirable.
• Experience with Oracle Netsuite is highly desirable. Relevant experience with other sophisticated ERP software platforms also a plus.
• A natural ability to manage the accounting and finance team while also being curious and interested in learning is crucial to this position.
• Strong time management skills
• Detail-oriented work style with an interest in finding solutions and creating efficiencies.
Compensation and Benefits
• This is a full-time, salaried position. Competitive compensation depending on experience.
• Annual bonus calculated as a percentage of base salary.
• Business expense policies and reimbursement practices; including cell phone reimbursement.
• Co-pay comprehensive medical plan.
• Matching funded Simple IRA retirement plan.
• Annual complimentary wine allocation and management discount on other winery related purchases.
• Vacation, sick-day and holiday pay.
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and workplace environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job