WineTalent is working with our confidential client on a Controller role in the Napa Valley.
About the Company: Our client is a luxury wine producer in the Napa Valley that makes exceptional wines with a strong direct-to-consumer sales approach.
About the Position: The Controller will be responsible for managing the accounting activities while also ensuring the financial health of the winery. The Controller will manage the day-to-day accounting activities as well as monthly reporting, budget preparation and business forecasting.
- Manage and perform the accounting and financial functions of the business.
- Conduct the monthly close process, prepare and communicate timely and accurate monthly and annual financial statements consistent with GAAP.
- Manage the bookkeeping function, which provides basic accounting (AP, AR, invoice entry and creation, payroll, sales reporting, etc).
- Maintain accurate and timely files for all contracts, insurance and corporate records. Oversee and manage insurance programs and policies, and provide assistance with contract review and administrative oversight.
- Manages all aspects of cash and credit card sales including analysis of sales and reporting.
- Manage and maintain necessary business licenses and permits for business
- Manage and oversee certain basic Human Resources items tied to payroll and employee files.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related.
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting work experience. Wine or alcohol beverage industry experience a plus.
- CPA highly desirable.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite highly desirable. Experience with other ERP systems helpful.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job