WineTalent is working with Adelsheim Vineyards on a Director of Consumer Sales and Marketing role at their estate winery in the Chehalem Mountains.
About the Company: Celebrating 50 years as a Willamette Valley wine pioneer, Adelsheim has consistently produced world-class wines that showcase the Chehalem Mountains AVA. Adelsheim is a LIVE certified sustainable winery, a 2017 Wine & Spirits Top 100 Winery
About the Position: This is a pivotal role at the winery, overseeing and further developing the Consumer Direct department, including tasting room, wine club, e-commerce, corporate, and phone sales channels, with an integrated approach to wine education. We are looking for someone with strong leadership, deep wine knowledge, and a passion for providing authentic educational experiences and incredible personalized service. Additionally, this role is responsible for building long-term relationships with our guests and wine club members utilizing highly effective cross-departmental collaboration. The role will work closely with the other members of the executive team, building and executing long-term business strategies and will play a key role in representing the winery industry wide. Finally, the Director of Consumer Sales & Marketing role will lead and effectively manage merchandising and marketing to build sales in the consumer direct channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the leadership team and other departments to create, implement and deliver upon long- and short-term company goals and strategies.
- Lead and manage the Direct-to-Consumer sales team.
- Grow sales across DTC channels.
- Effectively measure and track performance metrics for the department.
- Lead by modeling the highest level of customer service to our team, guests and members.
- Oversee all inventory management activities, ensuring clear communication and collaboration across winery.
- Participate in industry events and activities, representing Adelsheim in a positive leadership role within the Oregon Wine Industry.
- Assist in taking great care of the equipment and facilities, as well as developing strategic plans for improvements to the customer service model.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Very strong knowledge and appreciation of fine wine.
- Strong organizational skills, and a high capability to manage many moving parts of an organization at once.
- Excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Innate desire to foster positive long-term relationships with others.
- Demonstrated track record of sales success.
- Experience in the creation and management of budgets.
- Excellence in cross-team collaboration.
- Experience with compliance laws specific to wine.
- High level of computer proficiency, wine industry software experience preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and 401(k).
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job