WineTalent is working with our client, DeLille Cellars, on a Director of Hospitality and Consumer Sales position in Woodinville, WA
About the Company: Founded in 1992, DeLille Cellars is the third oldest winery in Woodinville, Washington, with grapes sourced from Washington’s most acclaimed vineyards. A pioneer of Bordeaux-style blends, the winery has maintained a tradition of quality and excellence, with over 750 individual 90+ ratings from leading wine critics and publications. Among the top 25 largest wineries in Washington with national and international distribution, DeLille Cellars has helped establish Washington as a premier viticultural region. Built 2019, the winery includes a 3-story tasting room with rooftop deck views of Mount Rainier. Recently opened on the winery grounds in June 2021, The Lounge at DeLille Cellars is a 7,500 square foot restaurant offering a unique food menu to compliment DeLille Cellars wines and features an extensive local and international wine, beer, and cocktail menu.
About the Position: The Director of Hospitality and Consumer Sales is responsible for all guest experience and consumer sales activities. The position oversees the Director of Retail Operations, The Lounge GM and Executive Chef, and Events Manager and leads all tasting room, wine club, restaurant, and event programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, inspire, and manage high-performing retail, restaurant, and events team to ensure seamless integration of all direct-to-consumer activities.
- Instill performance standards and operating best practices to ensure the highest quality guest experience in all winery interactions and consistency with luxury wine standard.
- Responsible for retail (tasting room, wine club, telesales), restaurant, and events P&Ls and maximizing sales, profitability, and other KPI goals (visitorship, customer satisfaction, etc.).
- Develop and implement short- and long-term strategy for retail, restaurant, and events operations that align with overall company vision and strategic plan.
- Develop and manage a professional and results-oriented team, including recruiting, hiring, training, and mentoring staff.
- Maintain the overall physical presence of the winery grounds to create a luxurious and welcoming environment for guests.
- Support long-term production planning with Director of Winemaking through detailed sales forecasting and data analysis
- Work with Director of Marketing to maximize awareness, visitorship, and e-commerce sales, and integrate all direct-to-consumer activities with email and website communication.
- Oversee special events and winery trade visits to bolster national and international sales relationships.
- Create, support, and manage business relationships, including with hotels, restaurants, winery peers, industry organizations, and other corporate partnerships that support direct-to-consumer activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field desired. An advanced degree or additional certifications is highly desirable. Work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- 5+ years of professional work experience with luxury wine brands.
- A proven understanding of Direct-to-Consumer sales and marketing strategy.
- Prior experience working with hospitality and culinary programs in luxury goods/wine.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Leadership experience with a diverse workforce and in a growing organization.
- The ideal candidate will be highly adaptable and able to prioritize projects to increase sales and profitability while managing departments and teams effectively.
- Excellent organization and written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office and Google productivity programs, WineDirect, TOCK, Toast, and Tripleseat.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options (with company contributed HSA account)
- Dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Generous PTO and company paid holiday policy
- Discounts on DeLille wine and product
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience, and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job