WineTalent is working with a Sonoma Valley Winery and Event Space on a Director of Sales & Hospitality search.
About the Company: Our client is a small, family run winery making exceptional wines from estate and local vineyards. The winery has a strong consumer following and is committed to providing an intimate and memorable wine visit for guests, exceptional in-home wine tastings and fosters a close relationship with all wine club members. The winery also hosts many events on various locations on the property. The winemaking team is dedicated to making exceptional wines from the local areas including Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Grenache, Petite Sirah, Syrah and Chardonnay
About the Position: The Director of Sales & Hospitality is responsible for creating an exceptional consumer experience. The Director of Sales & Hospitality manages the hospitality, wine club and marketing team to produce consumer engaging wine tasting experiences, private events, and wine club experiences; all with an eye to the image consumers experience from the first time they interact with the winery and every time from there on out. This position is also an ambassador for the winery and of the wines in the local community and with VIPs throughout the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With winery management, set and manage sales goals for hospitality, tasting room, events and wine club staff.
- Lead the DTC sales effort with an eye on the guest experience.
- Develop staff training to increase the guest experience and the wine sold in the tasting room and through the wine club.
- Create unique and personalized tours and experiences for guests.
- Represent the winery at trade tastings and local tasting events.
- Develop tele-sales program in conjunction with the wine club manager.
- Recruit, hire, coach and manage the DTC team.
- Work with marketing team to create an engaging web presence. Implement effective e-commerce plan to facilitate online sales, wine club engagement and event bookings.
- Manage the sales and hospitality to the P&L, bringing up variances or shortfalls to winery management and implementing solutions to maintain profitability and revenues.
- Serve as an ambassador of the winery in the local retail and restaurant community. Secure placements at strategically determined customers to maximize the winery’s presence in the local and California state market.
- Serve as chief point of contact for national wine club members. Create events at various locations with wine club members to spread goodwill and engage with new consumers at high profile events throughout the US.
- Promote and put on various events at the winery. Manage the projects from initial contact through day-of event interaction and to post-event follow up. This may involve managing the hospitality team during the event and maintaining the highest level of professionalism to guests and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communication, or closely related discipline. Work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- At least 8 years of luxury hospitality experience.
- Sommelier certification a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position with significant bonus potential. The salary range is $60,000 to $80,000 with bonus potential of 20-40% based on individual and company performance. WineTalent will review salary requirements outside of this range if the candidate has exceptional luxury hospitality experience with staff management experience.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k).
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job