WineTalent is working with our confidential client on an East Coast Regional Sales Manager search.
About the company: Our client is an international importer and marketer of world class wines. With both company winery holdings and partnerships with producers around the globe, the company manages the distributor partnerships throughout the US.
About the Job Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management to develop strategy and annual business plans, including budgets, for sales of the entire portfolio in the east coast territory that are achievable and realistic with the distributor partners. East coast territory includes: New England, New York, NJ/PA, Mid Atlantic and the Southeast regions.
- Provide leadership in process of marketing plan development and collaborate with senior management in execution of overall marketing strategies in support of wholesale sales activities.
- Oversee pricing and program implementation in the territory.
- Provide thoughtful analysis of market data, to evaluate company’s and competitor’s market performance and opportunities.
- Develop Sales & go-to-market strategy for the east part of the country. Develop a commercial operating model to optimize marketing expenses and sales efforts in executing brand positioning in market.
- Help senior management to understand industry dynamics and landscape – identifying consumer trends, competitive activity, channel adjustments, and customer evolution. Help Identify current and historical demand drivers to the business and align organization to capture growth against these demand drivers
- Develop account segmentation strategy to best capture marketplace growth, develop long-term brand equity, and outperform marketplace trends. Develop specific target lists of accounts for each brand and each market segment to increase effectiveness of points of distribution
- Perform research to stay in-the-loop regarding account openings & staffing changes; actively seek out & target new prospective accounts.
- Lead monthly meeting with top management of each distributor to review distributor performance
- Ensure the delivery of annual growth targets for distributor based upon agreed goals.
- Partner with senior management to ensure alignment between distributor and national goals.
- Present, educate, and ensure execution of monthly programs.
- Directly supervise activities of sales managers including regional, area and district managers ensuring that sales staff activities are consistent with overall strategy and priorities with the objective of meeting sales goals within budget.
- Participate with sales staff on key chain account and distributor calls, as necessary.
- Manage and increase company’s business with large independent and chain accounts in your territory
- Provide vision & direct the Sales & Distributor team in the delivery of all organizational objectives
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring the strength of our relationships with distributors and key customers.
- Mentor and coach the sales team and guide efforts in their respective markets.
About the Requirements:
- Possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to expediently gather and analyze data, present it to senior management, and make recommendations to improve the business.
- Be a skilled communicator. As a senior manager, this role interacts with all levels of employees in their departments, as well as the senior management team.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in luxury wine industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in wine sales at the winery and distributor level.
- Possess working knowledge and experience in wine category management.
- Clear thinker and communicator. Excellent verbal and math skills.
- Outstanding leadership ability.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Ability to travel to markets as needed.
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job