WineTalent is working with our client, Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards (FNFWV), on a Brand Manager role within the Napa Valley.
About the Company: FNFWV is a group of well-respected luxury wineries and estate vineyards. The six wine brands have widespread distribution and a strong direct-to-consumer business.
About the Position: The Brand Manager reports to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications and will be responsible for overseeing the marketing efforts for specific brands within the FNFWV portfolio. The primary focus of this role will be to manage the brands in the wholesale markets, working with the national sales and distributor teams, while at the same time ensuring consistency with consumer marketing. Through the development and execution of brand strategies and plans, this role will be responsible for delivering specific business targets for the brands managed. The Brand Manager will build and manage relationships with internal team members as well as external business and distributor partners.
- Development and execution of strategic and annual marketing plans
- Build luxury consumer and trade equity for the brands managed
- Develop and oversee annual brand plans and marketing calendars to track progress to ensure brand plan delivers on-time and on-budget results
- In conjunction with the marketing team, design and execution of brand strategy with pricing, packaging, innovation, promotion, PR, advertising, digital marketing and events
- Development and management of three-tier e-commerce initiatives with off-premise trade partners, and, management of brand presence and product information on distributor ecommerce platforms.
- Insights developed through analysis of consumer and retailing data and action taken to build marketing programs where appropriate
- Maintain ongoing business and competitive analyses and make business recommendations as appropriate
- Support brand strategy initiatives with promotion, media buying and advertising agencies
- Visit key markets to support market blitzes, new product launches and related initiatives on a quarterly basis
- Effectively work with sales team and distributor partners in the market and through ongoing marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or closely related discipline
- 5-10+ years of marketing experience in the consumer-packaged goods, alcoholic beverage or similar industry
- Experience in digital and consumer marketing
- Proven knowledge and keen understanding of luxury marketing
- Use of data analytical tools and market research information to make informed business decisions
- Prior relationship management with outside agency partners
- Solid existing relationships with distributor portfolio managers
- Ability to travel within US market quarterly to support the sales team
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Positive, energetic, engaging and able to maintain composure under pressure
- Team-oriented professional who is willing to help and support others in their work to contribute to the overall success of the Company
- Detail oriented, with ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Curious and pro-active in recognizing trends and able to recommend action-oriented insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation – maintains collaborative relationships with multi-functional teams while managing relationships and expectations of management and their various team members
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and 401(k).
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Please email resume and all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org