WineTalent is working with our winery clients in the Napa Valley to find Hospitality Associates to host guests for tastings and small events at luxury wine estates.
About the Company: Our clients are luxury wineries producing world class wines in the heart of the Napa Valley. The tasting salons are well appointed with both indoor and outdoor tasting experiences.
About the Position: The Hospitality Associates are the quintessential brand representatives for our clients. These roles are primarily responsible for providing hospitality to visitors of the estates, as well as actively selling wine to members of the allocation lists.
The ideal candidate would have prior sales and customer service experience, focused on in-person selling (tasting room, waiter, luxury retail or good). Wine education and a passion for wine is essential, as well as a professional manner, verbal and written. Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone who likes to work alongside a small team, is a creative thinker, has a true passion for hospitality, and is focused on building long-term relationships.
• Provide world class customer service to on-site visitors
• Set-up and host private wine tastings for visitors to the estate, paying close attention to details
• Build and strengthen relationships with current and new clients through continual follow-up after the sale
• Perform opening and closing procedures daily for the Tasting Room
• Continually monitor tasting areas to ensure safety and sanitation
• Assist in restocking, packaging & shipping, and keeping an accurate inventory of wine and goods
• Use the estate’s CRM to accurately facilitate wine orders and cash handling
• Accurately log information and communication for each customer in the CRM
• Field inbound calls appropriately regarding tasting reservations, wholesale inquiries, and other topics and transfer to other team members as necessary
• Research and understand your customers and seek out ways to upsell and minimize member attrition
• Warm calling wine club members and previous customers
• Analyze and respond to all leads and guest feedback in a timely manner
• Collaborate with other Team Members to identify and solve issues in the tasting room
• Report weekly sales reports and objectives to Estate Manager and Direct to Consumer Manager, with a focus on identifying key performance indicators and contributing to sales strategies
• Assist in events, private dinners and various site activities
• Represent the brand at occasional off-site events
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge/interest in wine production and appreciation of the wine world
• Maintain familiarity with trade partners, local wineries, and other hospitality businesses, to act as a concierge for guests
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years of experience in winery sales, or luxury goods company
• A passion for wine and food
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility in scheduling to ensure business needs are met, including the ability to work weekends and holidays
• Computer proficiency: MS Office, Database, and POS software experience
• Ability to prioritize and get work done in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong attention to detail and highly accurate
• Self-motivated and able to work well within a small team
• Exemplary interpersonal communication skills
• Dependable team member who is committed to the overall success of the estate
• High degree of integrity and strong work ethic
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid CA Driver’s license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Competitive hourly rate, commissions and exciting benefits including medical coverage.