WineTalent is working with our client, Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards, on a Senior Financial Analyst role within the Napa Valley.
About the Company: Far Niente is a group of well-respected wineries and sustainably grown vineyards. The six wine brands have widespread distribution and a strong direct-to-consumer business.
About the Position: The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day analytical support for the company’s sales divisions and overall wine operations. This position requires ethical conduct and thoroughness in conjunction with critical thinking, attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Support budgeting, forecasting and longer-term planning processes by providing revenue and cost inputs, including drivers and assumptions for various channels and products
- Assist in tracking consolidated cased goods inventory reporting
- Track marketing metrics to help measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Serve as interface between 3rd party data providers and develop, maintain and identify inaccuracies for daily dashboards
- Perform ad hoc analysis of daily business issues and provide sales support for the company
- Analyze and explain variances and prepare reporting package and presentation for monthly Management financial review
- Proactively analyze profitability trends – evaluating revenue, cost of goods sold and operational expenses and make recommendations to various teams
- Ability to navigate the three-tier system, recognize depletion trends and evaluate pricing
- Ability to organize and efficiently manipulate large data sets in Excel
- Work extended hours during peak times
- BS/BA in finance or business-related discipline
- Minimum of three years of increasingly responsible experience in a sales finance role with financial planning/analytics and modeling experience
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting and explaining a P&L
- Proficiency in Targit is a strong preference. Familiarity with Adaptive and NAV are highly desirable
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Successful candidate will be a very motivated self-starter and be able to work without daily guidance
- Strategic thinker with highly competent analytical skills
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Positive, energetic, engaging and able to maintain composure under pressure
- Team-oriented professional who is willing to help and support others in their work to contribute to the overall success of the Company
- Detail oriented, with ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Curious and pro-active in recognizing trends and able to recommend action-oriented insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prioritizes and balances workload to respond to new reporting and data requests
- Service orientation – maintains collaborative relationships with multi-functional teams while managing relationships and expectations of management and their various team members
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and 401(k).