WineTalent is working with our confidential client on a packaging sales Account Manager to service spirits customers in the Southeast states.
About the Company: Our client is an international packaging supplier with offices worldwide. The company has dedicated sales professionals servicing wine, beer, spirits and food companies in key geographic territories. This position will be servicing the spirits industry, predominately in the Kentucky and Tennessee area, but will also work with distilleries throughout the US and Canada.
About the Position: The Account Manager is responsible for developing customer relationships within the spirits industry and manage existing relationships. The Account Manager will interact with the company’s headquarters, reporting into the US Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for potential customers and identify past purchasing habits and future spending plans.
- Understand processing systems of main distillers in the area. This includes volumes, types of packaging bought, bottling schedule and quality control requirements.
- Identify and call on key people involved in purchasing wine packaging to solicit new business.
- Manage sales process from prospecting, new customer engagement, existing customer relationship management, product ordering, purchase order processing, and oversight of order fulfillment.
- Establish strong relationships with key people within existing customers.
- Develop and present supply quotes when opportunities arise.
- Understand needs of each individual account. This includes setting pricing, finding the right technical solution, and keep the buyer appraised of all technical knowledge.
- Process orders with customer service and ensure production levels support the amount and time frame.
- Maintain strong channels of communication with customers and with Company’s internal staff. Keep Company staff aware of sales volumes and timelines, as well as anticipated needs of new business as it relates to Company’s production levels.
- Collaborate with other Company departments to identify business development opportunities. Work with these departments to establish marketing campaigns, product direction and productive solutions.
- Represent the company at beverage industry events, including trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or a science discipline such as Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Fermentation or related discipline.
- 5 years of sales or production experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Understanding of packaging requirements and production systems.
- Bottling line equipment knowledge highly desirable.
- Travel within the spirits production geography and to various trade shows and corporate events.
- Strong teamwork ethic while also being able to be an independently managed employee in the territory.
- Proven sales management track record including new customer development, established customer management while increasing sales and the ability to resolve issues and find satisfactory solutions when problems arise.
- Experience with MS Office, ERP systems, Power BI and Dynamics 365
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision healthcare coverage
- Car, home office, phone reimbursement
- Holiday Pay, vacation time off and 401(K)
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience, and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job