WineTalent is working with our client, Bledsoe Wine Estates, on a Vice President of Sales and Marketing search for their Walla Walla, WA estate winery.
About the Company: Bledsoe Wine Estates was founded by legendary NFL quarterback Drew Bledsoe and his wife, Maura, who returned to his hometown of Walla Walla and teamed with renowned winemaker Josh McDaniels to create a family of outstanding wine brands. The nationally acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignon of Doubleback, accessible varietals of Bledsoe Family and boundary-pushing Pinot Noir and Syrah of Bledsoe|McDaniels all showcase their commitment to exploring the full potential of our capabilities and land to produce authentically representative American luxury wine.
About the Position: Headquartered in the Walla Walla, WA facility, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing will manage the wholesale, operations and marketing teams. Working in collaboration with the CEO, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing will develop and implement key sales and marketing strategies directed at growing revenues and profitability while continuing to foster a luxury, consumer focused marketing program.
- Provide strategic brand leadership for the organization, developing and enhancing brand perception, equity and integrity at all times.
- Curate a consistent, distinct and memorable brand experience across all consumer touchpoints, products & services.
- Drive product portfolio strategy rationalization with a focus on building relevancy for the future and continued contribution to the bottom line.
- Provide strategic marketing leadership to connect the business with customers, consumers and the marketplace across multiple sales channels, geographies, brands and product lines.
- Build long term relationships and loyal brand ambassadors with targeted customers and consumers.
- Drive timely and profitable sales across all branded sales channels.
- Strategic Team Leadership: Provide strong leadership: nurture company core values and vision.
- Brand Leadership, Development & Management: Assist in the development of our strategic positioning framework, including brand architecture and strategy, market and competitive analysis, customer segmentation.
- Strategic Marketing Leadership & Management: Design, implement, and facilitate annual and long-range strategic marketing plans; understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable marketing mix strategies across all sales and digital channels (product, pricing, promotion, packaging).
- Customer Relationship Management: Understand the changing needs, expectations and emotions of customers, working with internal teams to ensure the greatest possible customer experience is maintained, aligned with brand promise.
- Direct-to-Consumer Sales and Marketing: Provide marketing and sales leadership, oversight and accountability for all results: onsite retail.
- Distributor Sales and Marketing. Provide marketing and sales leadership, oversight and accountability for all results: distributor, account and channel-specific programs.
- Creative Services & Supply Chain: Manage creative services, ensuring consistency in brand representation and messaging across all digital and print collateral needs. Oversee timely order and delivery of supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communication or a related field desired. An advanced degree or additional certifications is highly desirable. Work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- 15+ years of professional work experience with luxury wine brands.
- Established relationships with distribution partners throughout the U.S.
- A record of advancement at past employers with a keen understanding of luxury wine sales and marketing.
- Proven personnel management acumen with a commitment to accountability, mentorship and collaboration.
- Extensive professional experience with lifestyle and luxury brand building.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) and performance incentive bonus
- Additional benefits include PTO, sabbatical program and product discounts
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job