WineTalent is working with Peter Michael Winery on a Viticulturist search
About the Company: Peter Michael Winery was founded in 1982 in Knights Valley and today has mountain vineyards in Knights Valley, Oakville and the Sonoma Coast. The winery features mountain vineyards, classical winemaking and limited production. The three estates produce a selection of single-vineyard estate grown white and red Bordeaux-inspired blends, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
About the Position: The Viticulturist will be developing, implementing and monitoring custom viticulture programs for the estate vineyards.
- Working with the General Manager, the Viticulturist will be designing and implementing a pest and disease characterization and monitoring program.
- Collection, organization and reporting of viticulture data to support farming, winemaking and marketing decisions.
- Using viticulture data, create maps of the vineyards to identify pest, virus and phenolic characteristics as well as any replanting strategies.
- Research historic growth data to identify favorable grape characteristics within the field and also to determine what changes are needed in viticulture practices to improve grape characteristics.
- Work with the Vineyard Manager and the Winemaker to diagnose and solve viticulture problems.
- Assist with Sustainable Agricultural Practices
- Maintain regular communication with the Vineyard Manager, Winemaker and General Manager.
- Maintain relationships with research institutions and viticultural experts.
- Stay abreast of current research on viticultural issues and maintain professional relationships with researchers, academic institutions and vendors.
- Develops crop estimates and collects samples to monitor fruit maturity. Maintains crop records.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Other essential duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture and Enology, Agronomy, Plant Science, Plant Physiology or related field desired.
- 3+ years of viticulture experience working with a reputable vineyard.
- Bilingual English and Spanish language skills preferred. Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Work can include stressful conditions and various outdoor climates. Ability to manage projects, juggle shifting priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Clean driving record and valid CA driver’s license.
- Skilled in ATV and tractor driving.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position. The anticipated initial compensation range is $65,000 to $100,000.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD coverage, paid time off, 401(k) with a company match and wine allocations.
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and work environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job