WineTalent is working with a high-end winery on a Human Resources Manager role in the Napa Valley
About the Position: The Human Resources Manager is a newly created role to handle all of the Human Resource needs of the employees, to manage employment benefits and to ensure compliance for employment requirements. The HR Manager will be a key member of a small, close-knit team, and report to the Director/EVP. This position will support employees within various company departments and includes winery, vineyard, administrative, production, marketing and facilities personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all employee benefit programs including healthcare, 401(K), PTO and new-hire incentive bonus program. This includes new employee enrollment and managing annual rollovers.
- File all Workers Compensation claims and liaise with insurance carrier.
- Responsible to maintain current Employee Handbook, distribute it to all employees, and ensure we adhere to our principles.
- Complete all EDD benefit audits.
- Manage the new employee hiring process from job description preparation, job posting, resume review, candidate interviewing, reference checking, offer letter preparation and new employee onboarding.
- Maintain all employee files.
- Handle all correspondence for employment visa and immigration paperwork.
- Manage end of employment process including COBRA enrollment/termination.
- Be the main point of contact for employees, ensuring their questions are answered satisfactorily and new employment requirements are understood by affected employees (hour reporting, timesheet preparation, overtime policies, etc.)
- Manage employee development and skills training strategy.
- Manage payroll process from new employee additions, time entry, pay discrepancy resolution, paycheck printing, reporting and proper administration for reporting.
- General office duties including answering phones and filing.
- Participate in employment and company seminars.
- Handle special projects as needed.
- Manage the harvest staffing including setting up harvest employees in payroll system and paying harvest crew weekly.
- Ensure Company is at the leading edge of DEI practices.
- Drive continuous improvements related to sustainability and certifications.
- Organize and participate in Company events.
- Handle employee housing interests: establish/renew contracts; point of contact for maintenance, utilities, other issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications or related. Work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Keen understanding of California employment practices and compliance required of all employers.
- Acute attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Additional benefits include 401(K) and discretionary bonus program.
About WineTalent: WineTalent is a wine industry focused recruitment company. We work closely with our clients and our job seekers to find the right fit of talents, experience and workplace environment. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WineTalent: The Right People for the Job